What are Vision/ Dream or Goal Boards & How to Create them ??
Vision Boards (also called Dream Boards or Goal Boards) are Notice or Pin Up Boards that show your Goals, Dreams, Wants & Needs.
These Inspirational collages serve as your image of the future - a tangible example, idea, or representation of where you are going.
"Your brain will work tirelessly to achieve the statements you give your subconscious mind.
And when those statements are the affirmations and images of your goals, you are destined to achieve them - Jack Canfield (Click Here to Watch Video) !!
How to Start Creating the Right Vision Board for yourself ??
Think about the big questions -
Before you get started making your vision board, spend some time thinking about the following general questions -
- What is your view is a good life?
- What makes a life valuable or worth living?
- When you are on your deathbed, what will you have hoped to have accomplished?
Break down the Big Questions -
To help you answer these big questions (which can be overwhelming) break them down into regular smaller questions -
- What activities do you want to learn how to do?
- What hobbies and activities do you already do, but want to continue doing or get better at?
- What are your career goals? What steps will you have to accomplish along the way to be able to eventually land your dream job?
What are your relationship goals?
Don't think just in terms of whether or not you want to be married, be in a long-term relationship or children: think more specifically about what kind of person you want to be with, how you'd like to spend time with your partner, etc.
- How do you want to be remembered by others? For eg - do you want to write the next great Indian Novel? Do you want to head a charitable organization that positively impacts the lives of others?
Position of Your Vision Board Matters a Lot :
Place your vision board where you will see it every day, best to keep it beside your Habit Tracker Whiteboard (Read More Here).
Your goal in creating this vision board is to create a visual reminder of what you are hoping to accomplish and to be able to view it regularly to maintain your focus and motivation.
Don't hide your vision board in a back closet.
View the Board Regularly !!
Commit to viewing - really viewing, not just glancing at - your vision board at least twice a day.
Commit to spending at least five minutes studying the contents and focusing on the images.
Don't just read the inspirational saying, affirmations silently to yourself: repeat them out loud and with conviction.
It's one thing to silently say to yourself "I will become a successful designer", but it's yet another thing to hear yourself say that with confidence.
If you don't BELIEVE in Yourself, who will ??
The Power of Visualization :
Our brain is an incredible machine that is generated toward making us successful with every action we take. It trains our bodies to prepare for action - when we imagine ourselves preparing for an activity, our brains actually run through the process and send signals to the rest of our body to complete the action.
Visualization is nearly as powerful as performing the action. When you visualize yourself living in your dream home, your brain trains your body for that reality. In fact, in one neuropsychology study, researchers found that the mental training of the physical exercise was almost as effective as the actual physical practice.
The Power of Consistency :
Whether attempting to learn a new skill or create a new habit, consistency is the key. We're wired for repetition. You might have heard of the saying 'Neurons that fire together, wire together.'
Every time we repeat an action, activated neurons build a stronger connection, which explains how any skill can become automatic.
It's not enough to just create a board & leave it to gather dust in your closet.
By placing it in a spot you see daily, you create the opportunity for consistent visualization to train your mind, body & spirit to manifest your desires.
The most time-consuming part is the initial creation. After that, the consistency in the visualization happens every time you purposefully look at it.
Some Key Points to Remember :
- Not only is a vision board a wonderful reminder of what you truly want in life, but it's also a powerful motivator to enact on achieving your goals.
- Treat your vision board like it's sacred - it's a special gift you've given to yourself, and a powerful tool to attract all your desires into your life.
- Visualization is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do. According to the popular book The Secret "The law of attraction is forming your entire life experience and it is doing that through your thoughts. When you are visualizing, you are emitting a powerful frequency out into the Universe.
- Whether you believe it or not, we know that visualization works. Olympic athletes have been using it for decades to improve performance, and Psychology Today reported that the brain patterns activated when a weightlifter lifts heavyweights are also similarly activated when the lifter just imagined (visualized) lifting weights.
- No matter what your goals are - to learn how to relax, to be more patient, to improve your relationship, to travel more, or to simply be kinder to yourself - a vision board can help keep you accountable.
- According to "Psychology Today", mental practices (like visualization) can increase motivation, confidence, and even motor performance. In fact, in one study, researchers found that in athletes visualization was almost as effective as physical practice.