What You Believe is What You Achieve, Build Growth Mindset in 2023 !!
According to Dr. Carol Dweck in the book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, we all possess one of the two mindsets – a fixed mindset where we believe that our core personality, character, talent, abilities and intelligence are fixed or a growth mindset where we believe that we are all essentially work-in-progress and can grow into what we want to be with effort and intentional action.
While teaching a growth mindset can start at an early age, it’s never too late to learn it. Our brain is highly adaptable to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
When we push ourselves out of our comfort zone, we give permission to our brain to form new connections. With practice, these connections get stronger and what seemed like an big effort & task at first, may soon become easy.
To promote a growth mindset for kids or adults, follow these key practices :
- Do not praise intelligence. Their intelligence and current abilities cannot be a sign of what they can and can’t do.
- Recognise and appreciate process, engagement, strategies, perseverance, effort and progress. These are strong indicators of their desire to learn and grow.
- Do not engage in false praise. Effort that leads to no progress should not be praised. Disappointment should lead to a burning desire to do better. It should be a signal to try a different strategy.
- Establish vulnerability not as a sign of weakness, but a powerful mechanism to realise their full potential.
- Encourage them to make the right choice of words e.g. shift from “I don’t know” to “I don’t know yet”. Simply believing that they can do it will open up their mind to seek solutions that did not seem possible earlier.
- Provide them with Goldilocks tasks just above their current abilities to enable them to realise benefits of hard work and consistent effort.
Take Help of Your Vision Board :
By Creating Your Vision Board, you are able to push yourself to believe in possibilities & growth, its a constant reminder for you to take action on the goals you set for yourself to make progress in life.
Vision Boards work because they are always in front of you to remind your goals instead of stuck somewhere in your notebook or diary or even mobile. Create your Vision Board this year with a belief that you can grow & improve no matter what has happened in the past.
How Can a Whiteboard Help You :
Vision Boards are great for reminding, but the more action you take the more confidence you are able to build in yourself & your capabilities, this is where a Whiteboard comes into action - to push you in actually working on your goals by prioritizing, problem-solving, brainstorming, creating action plan for the day or week or month.
Read this article to Choose the Best White Board as per your needs to improve your life & your loved ones in 2023.
Key Points to Remember :
- When we come across hard problems or difficult situations, how we interpret and react to them is based on our own story. Our actions are nothing but a manifestation of our beliefs.